Qualitative Research Lead
SimpsonScarborough seeks a Qualitative Research Lead that will take a proactive role in moderating focus groups and conducting in-depth telephone interviews, drafting qualitative research reports, managing a team of part-time interviewers, and working collaboratively with other analysts and account team members to deliver innovative qualitative research for our clients.
This position will report to SimpsonScarborough’s Director of Research and be located in our headquarters office in Alexandria, Va., but work collaboratively with distributed team members in Oakland, Columbus, Chicago, Baltimore and other locations.
Daily responsibilities will include but likely not be limited to:
- Serve a key role within SimpsonScarborough’s research division to advance our work and meet client goals
- Lead and coordinate qualitative research reports with other research team members
- Serve as a resource for the project team to ensure qualitative research findings are incorporated into future research phases and/or strategy insights
- Make recommendations that would streamline processes, decrease inefficiencies, and help drive innovation in SimpsonScarborough’s qualitative research work
- Work with project teams to develop a project plan for each body of qualitative research
- Moderate and lead focus groups, in-depth interviews, and other qualitative research
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new part-time interviewers
- Provide initial and on-going training and support to interviewers
- Assist interviewers with time management, scheduling issues, and any other project challenges
The experience and skills you should bring to the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience with qualitative research, preferably at a marketing, branding or creative agency
- 3+ years of experience conducting focus groups and/or interviews
- Proven ability to create qualitative research reports that highlight key insights and tell a compelling story
- Desire to work in the higher education industry (higher education experience a plus, but not required)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (enthusiastic, attentive, great listener)
- Proficiency with reporting software (PowerPoint preferred)
- Experience teaching/mentoring colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous competing priorities
- Ability to problem solve complex projects
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Positive, team-player attitude.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Wanda Hoath, Administrative Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Senior Account Executive or Account Executive
SimpsonScarborough seeks a full-time Account Executive for its Old Town Alexandria, VA headquarters office. We are a small, dynamic team looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic new member. We expect a lot from our team members and champion their successes. The Account Executive will have the opportunity to play a significant role in managing client relationships and work directly with company leadership in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Ensure day-to-day communication with clients is timely, accurate, friendly, and professional
- Establish and enforce project timelines
- Ensure processes are followed to maintain high-quality deliverables
- Support both qualitative and quantitative primary market research studies, including, but not limited to: drafting survey instruments and moderator guides, working with external vendors, conducting focus groups, and writing qualitative research reports
- Guide and manage a wide variety of projects that may include market research, brand strategy, and/or creative development
- Provide substantive feedback to the team on deliverables (research reports, brand and communications audits, creative concepts, brand positioning, etc.)
- Present deliverables directly to clients and key stakeholders, both in person and via webinars
- 3+ years experience in marketing, market research, or branding at a higher education institution, non-profit, social cause, or creative agency
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills
- Comfort working independently and with multiple remote clients and partners
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience managing multiple projects at a time and effectively assessing and reprioritizing workload regularly
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of/experience with media production (digital and/or print) is preferred but not required
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Market Research or the like; or Bachelors in a Social Sciences discipline with research experience
The position requires approximately 10-30% travel, visiting some of the nation’s finest college campuses. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit cover letters and resumes to Wanda Hoath at email@example.com.